Why buy an acupressure foot mat?
The acupressure mats for foot are inconspicuous and portable due to their tiny size. You can use them for a massage and relaxation session at home or at work.
Of course, using a foot mat during an acupressure session will cause you to produce more endorphins than you would with any other acupressure mat. This purported "feel-good" hormone relieves pain.
People's physical and mental health are enhanced, and pain is reduced.
The main advantages of acupressure mats for feet
First off, whether foot discomfort is intermittent or more frequent, acupressure mats for feet are a nearly vital medical tool.
Additionally, from the very first sessions of use, using an acupressure mat on your feet will have a renewing and regenerating effect on your entire body. Many more advantages they offer include:
- A decrease in stress.
- An improvement of the blood circulation of your whole body.
- The relief of heavy legs sensations.
- Adecrease in the risk of cramps.
- The improvement of the quality of sleep.
- The immediate sensation of rest and relaxation.
The final benefit is that acupressure mats for the feet typically cost between 10 and 30 pounds, which is a big savings. A very modest cost for the greatest effectiveness!
The (few) disadvantages of acupressure mats for the feet
But there are a few drawbacks to foot acupressure mats as well. Users may feel discomfort or even agony during the first few minutes of use, for instance, during the first few sessions.
You can decide to wear socks during your sessions, though. Your foot acupressure mat's effectiveness won't be affected by this. Additionally, you will quickly experience a sensation of relief and well-being after the initial few unpleasant minutes.
There are also many different sizes, materials, and quality available. In reality, choosing from the wide range of models on the market is not always simple. Depending on your needs and your budget, there are a few considerations you'll need to make.
How to choose an acupressure mat for the feet?
Here are some recommendations for selecting and using an acupressure mat for the feet. You will be able to reap the rewards of these mats as a result. They'll soon become an essential component of your daily well-being!
Making your pick might not be simple due to the large number of models on the market. We suggest concentrating mostly on the following things:
- The material: Pick organic materials like cotton or linen. Even if many manufacturers provide carpets made of eco-friendly materials, it is not required to concentrate on organic materials.
- Pimples: You should take the type of the pimples on your acupressure mat into account in addition to their quantity (ABS plastic or HIPS). On the other hand, you ought to favor fixation at high temperatures. By doing so, you'll be able to avoid glue techniques (which are frequently of poor quality) that might eventually peel off.
- Maintenance: While some models can be taken off their covers, others must be hand-cleaned. Regardless of the model picked, using a tumble dryer is not recommended.
- The budget: The question of budget is also essential in the final choice of your foot acupressure mat.
The least expensive models, however, are frequently not the most robust models (e.g. Amazon). Don't save too much money, even though they are typically inexpensive.
How should I use a foot acupressure mat?
The foot acupressure mat can be applied in a variety of ways, just like a "regular" acupressure mat:
- To begin with, you can wear it with socks (for the most sensitive people). But if you'd rather be in close contact with the mat, you can also conduct your sessions barefoot.
- It is also possible to sit or stand on the mat.
- Finally, your foot mat can be applied elsewhere. You can use it, for instance, on your lower back or legs. You will therefore increase the quantity of acupuncture points your mat stimulates.
It is advised to perform a daily session. To get the most out of your acupressure mat, each session should last 10 to 20 minutes.
Start with sessions of 10 minutes. Afterward, you can adjust each session's length based on your level of sensitivity (and availability).